Unable to update firmware

Looking for some help with Flickerstrip? Post here!
DDMan

Unable to update firmware

Postby DDMan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:49 pm

So, it seems the app is broken in regards to updating firmware, so I did the emergency firmware loading by holding the button to the 3rd set of beeps. I connected to the wifi network created, but unfortunately the website that is supposed to be there, is not.

Any other ways to update the firmware?

julianh2o

Re: Unable to update firmware

Postby julianh2o » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:42 pm

No, unfortunately those are pretty much it without a special programmer.

When you go into emergency firmware update mode, you see the FlickerstripRecovery network?

Try giving it a bit more time when connecting to it. Keep refreshing the http://192.168.1.1 page a few times througout the connection process. If it doesn't work the first time, power cycle the strip, and try again. If it doesn't work, describe exactly the behavior that you're experiencing. Any error messages you see, WiFi status, etc.

DDMan

Postby DDMan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:10 pm

The newest one that got sent to me worked, and subsequently the others followed suit. Not sure what happened the first time (the recovery wifi was available and I connected to it), but thankfully .5 is MUCH more stable and works a lot better.

DDMan

Postby DDMan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:10 pm

The newest one that got sent to me worked, and subsequently the others followed suit. Not sure what happened the first time (the recovery wifi was available and I connected to it), but thankfully .5 is MUCH more stable and works a lot better.

julianh2o

Postby julianh2o » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Great! Good to hear :D

Return to “Troubleshooting”