Arduino/esp8266 sketch with button to change multiple patterns,in flash or eeprom.

Report bugs you find and discuss feature ideas
dunk8888

Arduino/esp8266 sketch with button to change multiple patterns,in flash or eeprom.

Postby dunk8888 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:50 am

Hi ime thinking of an idea for a sketch but ime no coder! i wish i was :( I was thinking of firmware for the flickerStrip or arduino where you can upload the lightwork patterns but without wifi conection,just basic way to store many patterns and change them with the button,1mills for brightness and hold down button for 1000mills for pattern change maybe,and have the paterns store in the flash on the flickerstrip just as it does now.

May be good for people who dont want to use wifi for uploads on flicker strip or maybe an addon to the lightworks editor arduino sketch or two sketches one for each,one for esp8266 to use the 8mg flash and one for arduino maybe.

I like the export pattern sketch for arduino that we can download from the lightworks app but would be great if we could use a button and scroll through a load of patterns.I know memory would be a problem on arduino,maybe we could store patterns on sd card or even a flash module maybe winbond flash on arduino maybe. :?:

But mainly ime thinking a slimmed down version of the flickerstrip firmware without the wifi part,where there would be a template sketch where we can just paste in the patterns that we can export now from the lightworks editor and upload to esp8266 and play the patterns and scroll through. Ime finding my flickerstrip setup rather buggy and would like maybe this alternative option. :idea:

julianh2o

Re: Arduino/esp8266 sketch with button to change multiple patterns,in flash or eeprom.

Postby julianh2o » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Not a bad idea, it can definitely be done.

I'd recommend looking up a simple Arduino tutorial and trying to modify the output from the online Lightwork editor. I'd recommend using the PROGMEM storage instead of trying to mess with the flash/eeprom as that'll be easier and more portable in the long run.

Basically what you'll want to do is have data1, data2, data3 hold all your patterns and then use either a switch statement or a series of if statements to control which memory location is being loaded from. I'd be happy to help with this if you start looking into it and have some code that you're trying to debug!

Return to “Bug reports and feature requests”